1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Los Angeles Prius Gathering

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mjms2b, Jun 16, 2007.

1. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(btcoco @ Jun 18 2007, 10:36 PM) [snapback]464220[/snapback]</div>
    Love your avatar. Is that a bumper sticker? I'd love one. :lol:

2. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    OK GUYS so it looks like the filming is a GO! so far so good.

PLEASE EVERYONE IN LA IF YOU COULD TRY TO COME AND REPRESENT THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

They (the network) has requested that we do a "drive". So anyone that wants to join in we will be driving to the Santa Monica Pier (or other destination ad hoc). For now that is the plan unless they have other stipulations or request the day of the event.

Please log into the e-group for updates (you do not need a yahoo email address to join).

SEE YOU ALL THIS SATURDAY. YOU MAY GET TO BE ON TV!

3. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Please don't tell me Huell Howser is going to show up!

I've got a lunch date with friends in Temecula, or I'd be there!

4. g_guttebo

g_guttebo Junior Member

Looking for an excuse to take a few days off from work and take a long drive.
    Would like to attend.
    Depends on date.
    Thanks...

5. g_guttebo

g_guttebo Junior Member

Oops!

Just realized the date of posting...

And it has already happened.

Hey...

Would be a neat thing to do again and see where it leads...

Sometimes these types of events take a while to build up steam.

Keep in touch with those who showed up the last time. This will help keep momentum going. There may be person(s) in the group that might be interested and have time to help organize future 'outings'.

Perhaps arrange for sponsorship from a few dealers in the area for help in organizing event, invite their own customers, provide speakers and presenters and perhaps help pay for the odd expenses incurred for an event.

If takes off, could involve Toyota itself for support.

The greater LA area could produce hundreds of dedicated Prii owners that would consider it a neat thing to be a part of a huge convoy. Could arrange for special group rates at Disneyland or Universal Studios. (If REALLY takes off, picture thousands heading in their Prii to occupy an entire section (parking lot AND bleacher) at a baseball or football game, or even rent an entire theme park for an evening....)

There are probably just a limited number of years left until driving hybrids becomes mainstream, and the excitement kinda fades. (I hope Toyota keeps the ball rolling with leading edge battery and mechanical technology so that down the road we can trade in (or upgrade) our old faithfull Prii to the next level.)

Gary...

PS

In the seventies I had a lot of fun participating in an event called a 'Course Marker Rallye'.

These were 'family and friends' events that was really fun, challenging and did not involve fancy driving or speed (lots 'o U turns though).

These events (entry fee required at saart of rallye) generally ended with at a pizza place with trophys for those who completed the course and garnered the most points and 'par placques' (colorful and unique little engraved plastic 'participation' plaques with the name of the event, date, etc.) for everyone.

Would be kind of neat to see a whole bunch of Prii decending on a section of the city for an event like this.

IMPORTANT.... Would REALLY NEED to have someone VERY familliar with this type of event to help organize, set up a challenging course, and AVOID problems an event like this can run into.

6. g_guttebo

g_guttebo Junior Member

Oh Man!

I really gotta read ALL the postings.... Wow! TV and everything...

Might see if any Toyota dealers could cut loose with some of their sales staff to drive 'dealer demo' Prii in the event. (I wonder if there is any such thing as a 'demo' Prius.... I imagine most Prii probably 'sail' off the lot as fast as they arrive.)

So....

Sorry.... I gotta work this weekend (last weekend of 'season' for SCBT RY, where I work). Will have most weekends free until Thanksgiving when things get going 'hot and heavy' for Christmas Holidays.

Gary...

7. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oh how things change. The film crew could not get the permits needed in time for this event. We are arranging for them to come to the next event so there is time for pulling the correct permits to film.

I hope everyone will still come to check out the new developments I have been working on for the club. Speakers, Demonstrations are just two of the things I"ve been working on for our meetings.

8. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Please keep me posted on the LA and OC events! :)

9. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    ok guys the next event is one week from today 11/10. there will be guest speaker Jack Rosebro and a caravan/drive right afterwards. It will be located in Griffith Park, (check the wesite below for details). Refreshments will be served in the morning along with coffee.

I hope to see you all there, please vote on the e-group site poll so that we know that you're coming, if you are not an egroup member but still want to come please feel free to just show up. The map and details as well as pictures of the location are on the website. There will be a lot of information about hydrid technology and the workings of the Prius shared by our guest speaker. This is a great time to ask all those crazy questions about our favorite car.

Again, check the website for details, I HOPE YOU WILL ALL TRY TO COME, even if for a little while to meet and say hello.

10. Hy-Bird

Hy-Bird Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Anyone want to plan another gathering?