1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lost 2013 Plugin Valet Key

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by mark1154, Mar 25, 2018.

1. mark1154

mark1154 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I was changing the battery on my 2013 Prius Plugin key fob and pulled the valet key out. Now I can’t find it and need to know how to replace it.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you can get one cut at the dealer. if that is too expensive, try calling around for lock smiths.
    do you have a second fob?

3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you have a second fob, as everyone should, I think you can take that key to a locksmith for duplication. If you don't have one, then I'm pretty sure you need to go to Toyota. And while you're there, get a second fob because, expensive as a second one is, I seem to remember reading here that getting one when you don't already have one is worse.

But the one you lost should be around somewhere. If it's hidden in the grass, perhaps a big magnet like contractors use to pick up nails would work. Although, for me, the best way to locate lost items is to buy replacements. Then they turn up within 24 hours. ;)

4. gallde

gallde Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    FYI, It's not a"Valet key". A valet can't start the car without the fob.

jerrymildred likes this.
  5. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Glad you mentioned that. I thought about saying it but didn't want too complicated of a response and was running tight on time.