1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lost communication codes U0123 U0124 U0126, HV Battery worries

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by greencycle, Sep 7, 2019.

1. greencycle

greencycle New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hey priuschat,

I was just checking up on my 2008 Touring and found these codes on Techstream. Any ideas where to start troubleshooting? I am just starting to learn so I hope it's not something super obvious...

I did a Can Bus check that had a bunch of ECUs as not responsive, but that seems to have cleared up after I checked some fuses (they were all fine) - that seems pretty odd, but the ABS/VSC codes are still there as of now.

Also, I am worried about my HV Battery, Dr. Prius told me I have a poor balance on block #1 of my original HV battery, is there anything I can do about that? It hasn't given me any codes, but it drains fast and I am concerned it may be on its way out sooner rather than later... Any advice on how to source a battery from later model wreck? Am I better off trying to grid charge it or going biting the bullet going OEM before it fails?

Sorry if this seems a bit scattered, I'm just starting to learn my way through all this stuff! Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

PriusPaddler likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many miles on her?

when you say you were 'just checking', is the car running fine?

PriusPaddler likes this.
  3. greencycle

greencycle New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Currently 127k miles. No lights on dash. As far as I can tell, the car seems to run fine right now other than battery draining to minimum SOC at times on longer trips and that it burns quite a bit of oil.

PriusPaddler likes this.