1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lost iPod headphone in steering column

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Jack Cates, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Jack Cates

Jack Cates Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I'm looking for ideas to find my earpod that dropped down the top of my steering column.

Please help

2. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    iPods headphones? use a flashlight and some type long tweezers needle nose tool. The wires on the earphones and plastic over the head band can be spotted quickly and be grab with that technique.

3. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Remove either/or both the top and/or bottom cover that surrounds the steering column. Depending on the model, it will either snap together or be screwed together.

4. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Do you have the adjustable steering wheel? There should be a release mechanism on the underside of the steering column. Released, it will allow vertical adjustment of steering wheel height and telescoping in/out. Lowered all the way down you might see where the earphone went between the steering column and the lower dashboard. Not aware of any other entry points in the steering wheel cowl, but I don't know 2015 particulars that well either. You have looked, I suppose, all around and under the driver's seat.