1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

lost my 2016

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by pjm877, Apr 2, 2016.

1. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    well got bad news Friday... my Prius 4 2016 Sea Grass Pearl / Harvest Beige SofTex with ATC&CP I have been waiting on from Mid Feb was sold out from under me Mid month march. The Salesman I was dealing with was fired and the Dealership was doing a trade for it (I fell through the cracks ).. But the receiving dealership did not do there part and hold it and call the dealership I was using... I would have never thought this would happen... but in the end A SALE is money in the bank and the exterior/interior color with the option is not common for my area ... My dealership was not checking and somebody came in and bought it.... what will be... will be

The ray of light is that the new car comes with all the options as the other... and a few extra... Dealership is selling me the car for the agreed price as the other... The top Seller is now handling my case :)

OH well now I wait three+ more weeks...

TonyPSchaefer, bisco, m.wynn and 2 others like this.
  2. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I hope you get the car you want.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    bummer! all the best with the next one!(y)

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oye that sucks. Well the 3 weeks will be a drop in the bucket in terms of ownership. At least you're getting the extras for free (assuming they're stuff you actually want).

5. kevindb

kevindb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I had a remarkably similar experience here in the DC/Baltimore, Mid-Atlantic region. In February, I ordered a 2016 Prius 4 Sea Grass Pearl exterior / Black interior with ATC & CP, and waited the prescribed 6 weeks. Last Monday, I got a call that my car was in. I excitedly Uber'ed down to the dealership, only to find out that the car they wanted to sell me (intentionally or otherwise) had the Moonstone (white) interior. It really makes me wonder if my black interior was sold out from under me and they tried to swap it without me noticing? They offered me a measly $400 discount due to their screwup, but I don't want the maintenance of a white interior. I just know that I'll drop a chicken nugget with sweet & sour sauce on it someday.

Long story short, I did not buy from my original dealership in MD, nor would I recommend the dealership to a friend. After their screwup, they were remarkably unhelpful and only mildly apologetic. With some creative searching, I found the car I wanted with my second choice of exterior (the dark grey) in NJ, a three hour drive away. With some negotiating, I was able to buy it from a much more professional dealership for ~$1000 less than I had negotiated in MD.

bwilson4web, bisco and krmcg like this.