1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lost the master key

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Benjamin13295, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Benjamin13295

Benjamin13295 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hi there, I recently took my Prius to the dealership to get few bits replaced, one of them was the key , when I bought the car I only got one key and it had some aftermarket alarm system installed, but I got it uninstalled, let’s get to to point, I ordered the key it was about $200 but they could not get it work, the doors would not communicate with the key, they said that it would not work because the key I already had with the car was not the master key. The key I had with the car when I bought it would not work either. What should I do to get the locking work on the car. It works to start the car but that’s it :(

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there is no master key. i think what they mean is that you don't have an original key, or one programmed from one of the two originals.
    didn't they offer a solution? it might be quite expensive. read through some gen 2 key programming and lost key threads for helpful info.

Benjamin13295 likes this.