1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lost trip and climate control after JVC install

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by hj630, Dec 13, 2020.

1. hj630

hj630 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    One
    I had bestbuy installed an JVC media center. They didnt put in the steering wheel module, but i dont know why i lost climate and trip function too. Can anyone let me know which wire is for climate and trip? I mostly need it to reset my maintainence light. Vol control is not a big deal for me. Thanks.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here's a post with the information, but for a Gen 3 liftback. It will at least show you what to look for in your own model's electrical wiring diagram.

You'll see that the buttons work completely differently depending on whether the car does or doesn't have Touch Tracer. That was an option in the liftback. I don't know if it was ever a thing in the v.

3. hj630

hj630 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    One
    THank you Chapman. This is exactly the symptom but Im still new to it so can you help me identifying which one i need to connect to ground? Right now I see i have two pink wires from the harness and the new radio tie into one of the pink. But im a little confused what to do next to regain the climate and trip info control

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My TIS subscription is lapsed most of the time until I have specific things I want to look up, so I can't easily pull up your 2012 v wiring diagram right now, but that is what I would suggest for you to do (more info) to get the least-likely-to-be-wrong info.

The EWD includes the circuit diagrams (like you saw in that linked post), and also drawings and descriptions of each connector and which wire goes to which pin, and also "location and routing" drawings that will show exactly where in the car each involved connector is found. The electronic version is interactive and will highlight all the components, wires, and connectors in a circuit that you click on, and let you easily jump between those views.

You sometimes have to pay rather close attention to the asterisks (as you saw in that linked post) because the diagram can include variant circuits for different trim levels and you need to make sure which variant is yours.