1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lost wheel lock key--are they all the same or unique?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by whoppermd, Oct 6, 2012.

1. whoppermd

whoppermd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Lost my wheel lock key. Yeah I know they're useless-after I bought them. In any case mine's missing, and I need to get another one so the guy at the oil change place can rotate my tires. The guy already tried to take them off unsuccessfully.

Are they all the same or are they unique? If I see one on sale for my 2006 Prius is it good enough or do I have to go to the dealer to get a completely new one (at 4x the price of the ones I'm seeing online).

thanks

2. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was in a tire warehouse and they said they had a master key (lug nut)for toyota's, I'd see if they or any other chain can take off the 4 offenders and replace them with non keyed nuts.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Doubt it. There are many different vendors for wheel locks and who knows what's on yours? If they were all keyed the same, that'd make it pretty easy for thieves.

OP, do you have a '12 Prius v wagon?

4. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A large toyota service department will have a complete set of wheel lock keys. They can match yours up and sell you a new key or take all of them off and sell you plain lug nuts.

5. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
  6. Jack's Girl

Jack's Girl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you look in your spare tire wheel well? We just picked up our V yesterday and the wheel lock key was in the glove box. We went to move it to the wheel well and discovered it comes with a tie to attach it to your lug wrench.

Perhaps your dealer already put it there.

7. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    There is a place n the "v" foam jack holder in the trunk made especially to hold the wheel lock key. That's where I keep mine.