1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lots of Dash Lights came on, engine won’t start and car won’t ready, think it’s the battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Aarons777, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Aarons777

Aarons777 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi :)

a few days ago I was driving and the car beeped at me, the red triangle came on along with the check engine light and the ((!)) light. I pulled over to try to figure out was wrong and couldn’t, so i drove home. When I tried to start up the car again the next day the engine would no longer come on and now the traction control, abs, and vsc lights are also on.

I heard the rear passenger air intake working really hard so I tried cleaning out the cooling fan for the hybrid battery pack but it wasn’t dirty. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the 12v but all that did was make my gas gauge blink at me.

here are my codes from my OBD scan:
    p0571, p0A0D, p3000

and here is my graph from dr. Prius, I’m not really too sure what this graph means but I know it has to do with the cells inside the hybrid battery:

from what i understand it’s probably my hybrid battery that needs replacing, but before I drop money on the repair I wanted advice from you guys on what else I can trouble shoot and what all this info means.

thank you :)

Attached Files:

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How long does it take for lights to come back on after your clear error codes? Right away? Or do things work normally for a brief amount of time?