1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lots of Prii in Paris, France (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by OBJ, Jan 25, 2016.

1. OBJ

OBJ Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am currently in Paris, France and I am impressed for the number of Prii on the road.
    As soon as I got out of the airport I started to see lots of Prius + ( v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) for NA) and hatchbacks as taxis.
    I got a 2012-2015 black hatchback with leather interior to take me to the hotel, this is first time I was passenger on the back seat of a Prius, I was really comfortable, plenty of leg and head room.
    We were doing 140 km/h at some point on the hyway, with two people on the back seat and two big luggage bags, crazy french taxi drivers!! :D
    Of course I told the taxi driver that I also drive a Prius, he said he is quite happy with the car. With gas prices at around 1.23 euros / litre over here, hybrid cars, electric, diesel and small cars are quite popular.

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    down with diesel, up with prius! viva la france!(y)

3. VovCA

VovCA Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you want to see many many Prii or Tesla or Leaf or Volt, it is SFBA. Prius was one best sellers here in California, that means in SFBA very best seller. BTW, been to Paris last January, and haven't seen many of them. Although I liked bike rent program, and metro is very convenient.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    or you could go to a dealership.(y)

5. VovCA

VovCA Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Once on parking lot near our office we counted 7 Teslas S. Yes, dealership works, too!:)

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    still, it's fun to find them in unexpected places. prius moon rover?

7. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i just came back from europe and didn't that many prius cars on the roads. on the other hand, a row of tesla cabs in front of Schiphol airport.

Maarten28 likes this.
  8. Maarten28

Maarten28 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Indeed. Taxitransport in the Netherlands is highly regulated (no idea about the rest of the world) and Schiphol group awarded the contract to a few taxicompanies who had the intention of using the Tesla Model S. So now there are some 170 Tesla taxis operating from Schiphol. And even though they do have their own superchargers at their company, a lot of Tesla taxis also use the Amsterdam supercharger making it a very busy place.

See this article (in Dutch):
    Cookies op Parool.nl

I also noticed the large amount of Prii as taxi in Paris. I think both vehicles make perfect sense as taxi. Hopefully Schiphol taxis will come on the market in a few years. Ok, with a lot of miles on them, but maybe at a fair price.