1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lots of Warning Lights - Please Help!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by nberna19, Jan 16, 2017.

1. nberna19

nberna19 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi All,

I have a 2007 Prius w/ 90k miles and left town for 6 weeks while weather had been very frigid and sub freezing quite often. When I returned home to fire up my Prius the dash lit up like a Christmas tree with numerous warning lights:

-Big red triangle Master Warning Light
    -Hybrid System Warning Light
    -Slip Indicator Light
    -VSC light
    -ABS light
    -Check Engine Light
    -Brake System Warning Light
    -Transmission P-Lock Mechanism Error on the MFD

Now I can't even start the car. Before I left town none of these lights had previously appeared and the the car was in fine working order. I pulled up the battery diagnostics on the MFD and it read 10.9 while powered on without foot on brake and then dropped to 9.9 when power button was hit again. Looks like I'll need to replace the 12V battery (right?) and hopefully not have to get it towed. Hopefully most these other warning lights are flukes. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

yes, that is most likely the problem. all the best!(y)

RCO likes this.
  3. NAsh072388

NAsh072388 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    this indicates that the battery is low voltage... if the vehicle did not start, you can disconnect the rear batt for 5 mins and reconnect and and try that again.... if the vehicle started and the red triangle is still on... the hybrid batt has a fault.... probably a faulty cell... we Service these all the time and we see it very common.. try that before any repair are made..

RCO likes this.
  4. nberna19

nberna19 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I installed my brand new Optima Yellow Top 12V battery today, started it, and the same exact problems persist. I pulled up the battery diagnostics and it read 12.0 after two pushes of the start button, as it should have I believe. I will probably be getting it towed and looked at tomorrow unless anyone has any thoughts as to what the issue(s) might be. Please help!

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm not sure what two pushes of the button does, but a new battery, fully charged, should read 13+ volts, stone cold.
    it should be good down to 12.5 or so.

RCO likes this.
  6. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can't tell without reading the codes, but you should check the battery with a multi-meter. Check with and without a load on it.

Make sure the shop you take it to is familiar with the Prius. Otherwise they will probably either turn you away or maybe charge a lot of money for either not fixing it or making it worse. Not all code readers handle all the codes this car generates.

Hope you can get it diagnosed and repaired without too much financial pain.

RCO likes this.