1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Loud Beeping noise coming from dash after new ABS pump installed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Megan Irene Gordon, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Megan Irene Gordon

Megan Irene Gordon New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I've had quite the run-around with trying to get my ABS system back in normal working condition. Diagnosed by Toyota, I needed to have a new actuator pump assembly. However, the used part online costs about $250 where new it costs almost $1300. I was told by one person that I may need to order it new because of the resistor, which they thought MAY also need to be replaced with the actuator... After a ton of digging, I decided to order a used ABS actuator pump online. I had it installed yesterday and it worked for a few minutes before a very loud, high-pitched noise came over the speakers and the brakes lost pressure again. This is what I was told MIGHT happen if I did not have the resistor replaced along with the actuator... Does this sound like what the problem is? The same lights are still on. The ABS and the red emergency brake light.

So now my problem is even worse and I can't even drive the car because of this deafening noise happening constantly... I found the resistor online for $25 but I am finding some information suggesting that the actuator and resistor MUST be bought new together? Can I just replace the resistor with a used one and have it be alright? Is there any way to get the stupid beeping to stop? Help!

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Only thing I know is that when people in this forum mention replacing the brake actuator with a used one that it's the best way to go and I've never seen any mention the need to buy brand new or issues about the resistor. I'm sure others will chime in soon...

3. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How do you know the used part was good?