1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Love my "new to me" Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Elaine08, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Elaine08

Elaine08 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there! I've had my new-to-me (late) '08 Prius, "Elaine" for about a month now and thus far, after over 500 mi., she has been a sheer delight, and averaging 45.6 mpg. I had been eyeing the Prius since they first became available in the U.S., but decided to wait until the verdict was in on their reliability. With my old Toyota p/u closing in on 200K, decided that it was time. Anyway, I found Elaine on a dealer lot with under 29K, fully loaded and with a scrupulously clean Carfax, and after a test drive, decided that no other car would do.

I want to thank all of the experienced Prius owners for their help and advice in the forums. For some of you with Gen lll's, V's, C's, and Plug-ins, many of us newbies could very possibly be driving your trade-ins :).

TheLos and JMD like this.
  2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats enjoy the car

Elaine08 likes this.
  3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

Elaine08 likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great find! i loved my 08, all the best!(y)

Elaine08 likes this.
  5. terry brecheen

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Welcome to the chat. I've only had mine a month now and I think its the best move I've ever made. Its is a fun car to drive. Good luck to you and I wish you many, many trouble free miles.

Elaine08 likes this.
  6. Elaine08

Elaine08 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you all, and wishing all of you many, many trouble free miles as well!

Learning so much from reading these forums. Not being mechanically inclined like so many in the Prius Forums neighborhood, I came across a post re: how to test the batteries in the key fobs, did so, and found that one of them was low. After watching the posted vid on how to change it out, it appears to be something that I can actually do myself... without running to the dealer. Whaalaa! You all rock! (y)

spiderman likes this.
  7. Jay Gloab

Jay Gloab Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just got a new to me Prius myself, last Friday. Mine is a 2010 III. Still haven't emptied the tank, so I'm not sure what mileage I've been getting, but I'm loving the car so far.

Elaine08 likes this.
  8. TheLos

TheLos Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Great find on your car! Enjoy.

Elaine08 likes this.
  9. Hi
    Enjoy the fuel economy. I bet on some trips you'll get past 60+ mpg

Elaine08 likes this.
  10. Elaine08

Elaine08 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That would be nice, but probably won't happen until, maybe, in the fall... here on the Gulf Coast we can't drive comfortably without the A/C until maybe October :oops:

11. Data Daedalus

Data Daedalus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Great car Elaine08, saw a very good picture of it on a previous thread. No doubt, you must be enjoying this amazingly over engineered "spacecraft on wheels". You'll marvel at how silent it is when you're at cruising speed! You'll doubtlessly be astounded by how it seamlessly switches between ICE or EV traction, and often uses both in tandem skilfully controlled by its bevy of sophisticated onboard computers. Delight at how going downhill, you can reclaim energy other cars waste! Energy you can use later :). Appreciate the aerodynamic shape that cuts through the air with minimum resistance. Did I mention the unusually spacious interior for a 1500cc vehicle? All that space for rear passengers? And.....the sound of silence! You just can't beat the sound of silence. Enjoy :D

Elaine08 likes this.
  12. Elaine08

Elaine08 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Data Daedalus, funny that you should mention the "spacecraft on wheels" thing.... when friends stop by and ask where I was on any particular day or hour when I'm out, the answer is always "driving around in my spaceship". :D Your red '08 is also a beauty!

Data Daedalus likes this.
  13. cary1952

cary1952 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think 2008 was the best year for the gen 2. Congrats and be happy knowing it will last 250,000 miles.

14. It really does feel like riding in a spaceship.