1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

love or hate the new body style ???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tbradway, Jun 1, 2009.

1. whoever

whoever New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Lexus 250 is a total junk. Trunk barely fit a suitcase and backseat doesn't go down, and they just outdone themselves, no trunk pass through!!!

2. SharonB

SharonB New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I love the new body style. It is HOT. I convinced DH to wait until it was out, and I don't think we will be disappointed. ;)

3. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Those foglight plugs are ugly. The texture reminds me of a gray golf ball.

4. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have always found the Prius to be ugly from the back. From the pictures (haven't been able to see one in person yet), I think the new rear is an improvement. The black fin blends with the glass and makes it much less chunky looking than the Gen II.

However, I'm not crazy about the new front. I kind of like the Gen II "smiley" look. The Gen III, with the little bump, looks like it has a nose rather than a smile.

The side view is a lot sportier with the crease. But I think this car looks its best with the solar roof option.

5. CenVal

CenVal Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Ditto!!! I never considered the previous designs!
    The new styling, fuel efficiency, power and comfort won me over and it's at a reasonable price!

6. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Love it or hate it?

I love it. :)

7. Blazehodges

Blazehodges New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The blue accents around the transmission and front and back emblem are so cool. The new body style rocks.

8. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Rae, the first time I saw you on PC, I thought that you were my Aunt Marie! Your picture looks like it. Anyways, I just wanted to update my previous post in this thread. I said that I didn't like the front. Photos just don't do it justice. When you see the whole package it is an AMAZING car. The side lines are so much sharper, the back has "booty" :p HAHA I even like the front now! Don't get me started on the interior. I drove one today, and ordered the one I wanted on the way out. I only have to wait a few weeks, I am so excited. -Brad

1 person likes this.
  9. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

I hate plugs -interior or exterior- as well. Just screams "I didn't get some available options!". At least the interior switch plugs are...inside, and same plastic color as the surrounding dash panel.

The gray foglight plugs are so - in your face. I'm getting the V model. But if I didn't, this seems to be a quite simple cosmetic fix. Masking tape and matching (or very close) body paint and clear coat. Looks to be a small and easy panel to mask off and paint. And after about a 1 hour total job -the panel plugs would blend into the front fascia.

10. DocX

DocX New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, the sportsman look of 2010 turns me off, but I like the bigger engine and better mpg. This is probably contrarian (thanks to the doubts in recent stock rally, after "leverage", contrarian is becoming the new popular word...)

11. MMSteve

MMSteve New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I personally like it, makes it look a bit more sporty. Interesting thread.

12. Dolce

Dolce Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There's definitely a more masculine and sporty look to it, which is representative of the extra horse power and road engagement found in the 2010 model. So the new look fits the new car. I prefer the 2010 body style over previous gens.

13. jonathandz

jonathandz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have to say I do not like the front styling in the 2010. In photos the headlights seem to pop out a little, rather than being flush with the sides of the car. I know the lines in the front help with the airflow and improve fuel economy, but I don't like the "nose" look this creates. I also really dislike the blue highlighting around the Toyota emblem in both the front and rear of the car. I'm ending up with Barcelona Red for my exterior and I don't think that blue works well at all. It is a small detail, and certainly not a deal breaker.

The sides and back of the car I think are fine. In fact, I enjoy the rear of the car. It is a distinctive look.

I very much like the redesigned interior in the 2010. My biggest complaint for the prior styling was that I found the interior to be boring. The redesigned center console looks very sleek. I like the flush buttons, the clean, sweeping lines and curves, just the whole presentation is very sharp to me. I also prefer the new display for the hybrid system information. I found the old system to be distracting and I turned it off the display after about 5 minutes. My one complaint is I feel the digital displays could be brighter and crisper. Looking at photographs of Honda digital readouts versus the Toyota's I think Honda's is brighter, crisper, and cleaner.

14. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm just the opposite ! 5 front, 8 side, 10 rear. To each their own!!:D