1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Love to see a fast Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Mrpcar, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Saw another fast Prius today, 80+ mph. I had to catch up with him so I can give him a thumbs up. I was in my 911.... Ignore the time and date stamp on the recorder.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's not truly fast but it is a lot of fun to leave most sports cars in the dust because they don't have the sack to push it. :)

Tracksyde and Chris S like this.
  3. JeffHastings

JeffHastings Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I don't love it unless it's on a road where it's legal (precious few of those here in the USA). This is the sort of juvenile claptrap I used to hear in the old Car And Driver Forums from the likes of posters like the one who called himself, "The Speed Criminal". It's one thing to take your car to a track and run it out to the max; it's quite another to do it on a public road where you potentially endanger others. Seriously, guys, this is not cool; it's usually against the law and hardly in the spirit with which most of us are buying Priuses. Let's cool it, please!

4. Chris S

Chris S Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I think it's great that the car rolls but I also think it's a little scary to see someone fly in one when it's all stock, at least when flying through MD riding bumpers. I think any situation that requires any kind of quick avoidance will end badly, the car just seems to handle so badly at speed. Personally, I'd cruise with traffic at 80 but not until I improve the wheels and suspension.