1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Loving my 2008 Prius! Another Newbie...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by APGeek08, Feb 26, 2014.

1. APGeek08

APGeek08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I just recently purchased a 2008 Prius. It had a little over 100K miles on it and it's equipped with all these amazing options (package #5). I'm absolutely loving my new (to me) Prius! I've been averaging 50-55 mpg with mixed city/highway driving and the mileage seems to good to be true.

This is really a huge jump for me, as my previous car was a 1997 Mercedes E-Class with 203,000 miles. I had to move on due to the fact that the car was starting to drain me financially with expensive repairs that started to come up more frequently. Not to mention it cost $70 per fill up on premium fuel! It was a good car and it had a great run, but it was time to move on.

I wanted to make sure my next purchase would be the smartest decision I could make. After doing lots of research, I couldn't resist the Prius - and the price was just right for my Gen-II. The reliability, lower maintenance costs, and amazing fuel economy sold me. Not to mention the updated gadgets on this car - I actually feel like I'm driving a modern/futuristic car for once, and it's awesome.

I've had my Prius for a week now, and I've already put 540ish miles on it. Now that I don't have to spend so much on fuel - I feel like I can drive anywhere and just have fun without nervously watching my fuel gauge.

Anyway, I look forward to posting/lurking on these forums! There seems to be a whole wealth of information here on these cool cars.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome, all the best!(y)