1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Low Bluetooth Microphone Volume

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by boulder_bum, Jun 8, 2007.

1. voscott

voscott Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I love PriusChat. I brought this up to my dealer just a few weeks ago and they told me there was nothing that could be done. Here there is so much knowledge and self care going on. Love it!

2. iiiarch

iiiarch New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Don't know...Have you tried it yet?

:kiss:

3. spidey

spidey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Yup just tried it with our new prii that arrived yesterday. I did the hold display button and turn lights on/off 3 times

4. longterm

longterm Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I can confirm that it works on an 07 Prius. Thanks, forum!

5. tecrench

tecrench Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ditto 4/1 settings and a lot better:)

6. sheldon

sheldon New Member

Wow, there is no way anyone would know to hold the info button and flick the lights on and off three times to get to that secret diagnostic screen. Was that in a manual somewhere?

Anyway, I've raised the gain and will test it out with my wife or someone who might know how it used to sound.

Thanks for your help.

This chat is a great forum.

7. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    it's default is 3 outgoing and 0 incoming.. 4 outgoing works well.. boosting incoming creates and echo.. and i don't know how the echo canceling screen works... i assume it's milliseconds.. which is why it's at 1.5 on default ( if i remember correctly )

8. kroser

kroser New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    With all these postings about low bluetooth audio and problems with iphone I expected the worst but I was pleasantly surprised to find the my iphone 3g works fine with my 2009 and no level adjustments were needed.

9. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I held down the info button (on the MFD) and turned the headlights on and off three times and got the diagnostic screen to do the adjustments. after I adjusted the volume for sendiong to "5" I just turned the car off and back on and everything was back to normal and my sending volume was much better! Hope that helps. P.S. you must hold the info button by the MFD the one on the steering wheel will not do it.

10. pgmaw

pgmaw New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    THANK YOU!!! Had constant complaints that my voice was almost inaudible when calling through Bluetooth from my iphone 3G in my 09 Prius. Took car to dealer. They said there was nothing wrong... must be my phone. I asked if there were any possible adjustments, told me there weren't. Tried other phones - same problem. Followed your instructions to access diagnostic screen, worked immediately. Found "send volume" setting at 0, increased to 5. Presto, problem completely solved. Fantastic!
    Thanks again.

11. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For my 2006 to access the diagnostic screen, I had to push and hold the "Info" button and turn on and off the headlights three times with the vehicle in the "ready" (ON) position.

I tried to push and hold "Info" then push and hold "Display" then turn on/off the headlights three times without any diagnostic screen popping up.

I adjusted the send to 4 and the receive to 1, so I'll see how it works the next time I use the Prius bluetooth.

Thanks Priuschat!!!

12. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Just did this on my '09....easy....and I am really low-tech!! Set it 4/1. Hope this corrects the problem. Thanks for posting the information.

13. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    same for me.

14. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I received a call on my bluetooth this morning in the car. I asked if I sounded "stronger" and I received an affirmative answer. This person talks to me all the time in the car so I think their opinion is accurate.

Thanks again for posting the fix.

15. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    sweet! i haven't had a chance to speak to someone after i adjusted the volume, but glad to hear it works.

16. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Isn't this car amazing???? Those darn Japanese!!!......

17. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Does anyone know what the "Sound Quality" setting in the Bluetooth Diagnostics Menu does?

This is the setting at the bottom of the screen where we adjust our "Send" and "Receive" Bluetooth volumes. It looks like the default is 00 and and can be adjusted anywhere from there to 99 with the keypad on this screen.

I was just curious if this was some kind of filtering setting for distorations or to eliminate background noise? I don't think there is a manual for this considering it is in the "hidden" menu.

Happy driving,
    Chris

18. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Answered my own question, found in another thread, the "Sound Quality" can be set to 0,1 or 3 apparently. This is discussed in the microphone mod thread and it is for the voice recognition to "learn" accents apparently.

Chris

The above is NOT correct. I played with this setting yesterday and it CAN be set anywhere from 00 to 99. I have no idea what it is for?

19. alokeprasad

alokeprasad Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have BT but no NAV (Package III). How do I get into the Diagnostics screens to look at and adjust these settings?

20. yardman 49

yardman 49 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hello Aloke:

You might be better posting this question in the G3 Audio and Electronics section. This forum is specifically oriented towards the G2, so your request won't get much visibility by G3 owners. Wish I could help, but I don't know how to do this on the G3.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-audio-electronics/

Best wishes,