1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Low Bluetooth Microphone Volume

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by boulder_bum, Jun 8, 2007.

1. jmbramblett

jmbramblett Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I did as you suggested and mine was also on 0- I have changed it to 5 and will see what happens. Thanks for the information. I would have never found that on my own.

2. deenbob

deenbob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2012 model 5 with technology package and had the same problem with microphone volume. I did the info and light switch action mentioned in previous posts and it works on the 2012 with nav. Default setting was a -1. Can only adjust to a +2, which were I set mine. Haven't tried it yet but will update when I find out my results.

3. janice45

janice45 Dudley Girl

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2012 I only had a handsfree settings to play with
    The mic portion was just for recording
    Can you tell me what your original settings were if you got into this area of handsfree .
    Do you have a keyboard next to your settings any idea what its for ?

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It works on a 2008, it will work on a 2009! I have also had to adjust the Bluetooth volume, I used the 4 corner touch method to access the menu. It worked well for me!

5. janice45

janice45 Dudley Girl

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    the mic is on the passenger side s not drivers side on 2012

6. bryz

bryz New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hello, just dropping a note on a 8 year old thread.

So I got this car and have been fixing it up. I added external bluetooth for music and have been in the diag menus a lot and was convinced I had some how disabled the microphone in the built in hands-free.

Turns out it was a simple solution. The dome lightbulb socket had popped into the ceiling and I had to drop the light kit including the bluetooth mic down, and in the process small 3 pin connector had come undone. Two screws under the sunglass holder and everything is working again. Wanted to mention this as I looked all over for similar thread/situation, and this one seems to come up often.

7. prnico

prnico Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Old thread but new owner of a european 2007 gen 2. The tip for increasing the gain of the handsfree mic was useful to me as well thanks. It was set at 0 and now it's at 4 my voice is alot clearer.