1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Low flow showerheads?

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Celtic Blue, May 18, 2009.

1. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I know this is a really old thread but worth starting up again. I currently use an Ecoflow 1.5gpm shower head and am thinking about replacing it with a Bricor B100 Ultra Max 0.55gpm shower head. It seems to get great reviews but is rather expensive at $75. Anyone have this shower head?

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    lol, $75 expensive for a shower head? My fixtures were close to $800 for a single shower 2 years ago when I remodeled. I now have the "joy" of remodeling 3 more bathrooms and I have no doubt the tax alone will be more than $75...

3. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yes $75 is a lot of money for just a low flow shower head. I am not talking about the whole shower fixture.

I decided to add a shut off valve with my current 2.5gpm shower head. This should allow me to reduce the water use to as low as the Bricor.

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In a rustic cabin, I've seen a garden hose nozzle used as a shower head. It's cheap, effective, and still adjustable. :)

5. Southern Dad

Southern Dad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I had a low flow shower head in my master bath but found that I took longer showers and didn't really feel refreshed. I went out bought a nice powerful shower head, drilled a larger hole in the little orifice that restricted the flow and now I can feel the clean being blasted upon me.

To get the hot water to my shower faster, I have a Grundfos installed in the house. When I bought it, it cost around $300 now I see they are even cheaper. I never wait for hot water.

6. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I try to be environmentally frugal when/where I can, but I draw the line at the shower curtain! I despise lo-flo shower heads!! :(
    In fact.....when I used to travel for the government (in a former life) I actually used to pack a modified shower head, some Teflon tape, and a pair of channel locks with me.
    No hotel "mist" showers for the kid....:cool:

Yeah...I know.
    100 demerits and a PC 'speeding ticket' for me.....

7. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I would stick with the 1.5 gpm one. I have one of those in my spare bath, and when I use it (it's a full tub/shower vs my corner stall) I am satisfied with it. Otherwise, I have a 2.5 gpm one in my shower, and just turn the flow down really low, otherwise I give the stall a nice rinsing.

If you really want to lower the flow a little more, I have used a 1.25 gpm shower head before and was fine with it. Good pressure, just not tons of water flow.

8. rebenson

rebenson Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    When we had a shower and the put a showerhead in and I went to hardware store and got one like this one.

Whedon 45990 1.5 GPM Showerhead W Push Btn. I think I paid 5 bucks for 1st one and then had to find another it was 10... I paid it gladly. Better pressure and paid for itself when I had son's living at home that refused to take showers in locker rooms....

9. Southern Dad

Southern Dad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I never hit my minimum water bill each month anyway.