1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Low voltage to traction battery relays. (11.2) , inverter pump doesn't run

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tallman, Jan 18, 2020.

1. tallman

tallman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I thought you should see movement in the resivoir tank with the pump running

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's what ive read too. if not, i would replace the pump after making sure it is recieving correct voltage

3. davecook89t

davecook89t Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have to tell you, I got a P0A93 about a year ago, which I knew to be a failed inverter pump. I was going to replace it myself, but would have had to pay $200 for the only proper part from a local auto supply store. (I didn't want to wait for one to be shipped from elsewhere.) Then by calling around I found a Goodyear shop that was willing to do the replacement for $350, part included. I let them handle it and the code went away. A couple of months later, out of curiosity I checked the inverter fluid reservoir with the car in Ready mode, and saw no movement at all, even though I could hear the pump running and feel vibration on the hose coming from it. @dolj advised me that I probably have a clog in the hose somewhere, which I have no reason to doubt, but I was also concerned that the shop probably used the cheapest part they could find, so I ordered an OEM one online. Since then it's been sitting in the shipping box in the back of the car, waiting for the car to throw the code again, but it never has (almost a year later and several thousand miles since it was changed). Maybe I've been lucky, especially since I just completed a 1,500 mile trip with no issues. I now have some time and I'm going to pull it apart and get to the bottom of it, before my luck runs out, but clearly the car can still run even with a failing pump or clogged hose, especially if the weather is cooler.

4. tallman

tallman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Pulled a lot of plastic looking for problems, wireing etc, not able to clear any of the many codes ,with scanner or any methods found on line, a few warm days coming up may get to go deeper

5. tallman

tallman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I found six ground wires on driver's side front wheel well all with corroded ends ,one ground wire in the same area to the wheel well from top of transaxle broken into fixed or replaced all, it's still hard to get over 11.5 volts to the jumping point with 2 batteries and a charger, pulled all the fuses looking for a high load none of them have over 3.5 amp load

6. tallman

tallman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Getting circulation in tank now after fixing some weak ground wires

davecook89t likes this.
  7. tallman

tallman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not showing interlock code after fixing some weak ground wires

davecook89t likes this.
  8. tallman

tallman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Have noticed the parking brake light stays on, checked and it's hitting the switch ok , maybe a bad parking brake switch