1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lower glove box doesn't pop out well or drops down

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by DarkPri503, May 23, 2013.

1. DarkPri503

DarkPri503 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wondering if this is a common problem with a common fix for the Gen 2. It's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have it drop down like day one.

My upper latch used to not pop up well, and created the dreaded dash bump, but I got that that figured out nicely.

Help anyone? image.jpg

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is just a swivel on two points of plastic with an air piston. Have you ever changed your cabin air filter? Well, do that procedure. Push in the sides of the glovebox, pop off the piston, and it should swivel all the way to the ground. At that point the whole thing can come out. Check the piston to see if it feels funny. If that's not it, then make sure nothing is in its way, holding it up. Put it back together and if there was no problem it should just work. Could have been torqued a bit accidentally and squeezed the plastic together so just taking it out and putting it back in where it should go might be enough of a shock to fix it.

DarkPri503 likes this.
  3. DarkPri503

DarkPri503 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II

I will try this tomorrow, mate, thanks! +1 for the DeLorean :)