1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lower my vee

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by bigwoodman, Oct 2, 2014.

1. bigwoodman

bigwoodman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I planning to lower by 1 inch both front and rear with lowest cost possible and hope for the best. I have my eyes on set of Tanabe NF210 but never used before. Whoever installed these on the v pls drop some review and I open for any suggestion like different brand or so...Thanks,

2. rswallace

rswallace Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I dropped my v about an inch with the megan racing coilovers. The drive was completley different and elimanted all the sway. I just sold it yesterday and getting rid of the rims and suspension.

3. Eric "v"

Eric "v" Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I had Tanabe coils installed this October. They are supposed to be only 5% stiffer than stock springs. Either they are more than 5% stiffer or lowering 1 inch has changed the shock range but the car rides more "jouncy", as if the shocks are overpowered and can't snub the spring bounce.

PLUS I get rubbing inside with wheel well when making sharp, slow speed turns and the steering is at or near near left or right lock.

So my eventual solutions are to use a heat gun to re-shape the plastic fender well at the rubbing site and later to replace the shocks with adjustable Konis or Tokicos.

UPDATE: I found my tire was touching the fender well only on the passenger side at the inside bottom of the front plastic. I took out some pop fasteners, moved the plastic whel well material forward one inch at the bottom, drilled and fastened it with two aftermarket plastic pop fasteners. Problem solved and no heat gun required.

Here's hopeing I can use chains W/O interference!

#3 Eric "v", Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014