1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lowered Prius w/ eibach springs getting rubbing sound... help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Joele3, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Joele3

Joele3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi all
    Long time lurker. I just lowered my 2010 Prius III 55k with eibach springs. Currently installed rear prius plus sway bar, Mike's underbody braces. Huge improvement I might add only one problem. I get a rubbing sound when hard cornering or when I hit a huge dip at high speed( over 35). Big bumps or potholes no noise. I've checked the rubbing mounts on top and bottom of the coil spring. Second time I gave a 1/4 inch gap on the rubber mount where the coil spring sits so its not exactly on the groove. No clearance issues whatsoever.

New tires with Montegi SP10 15 x7 42mm offset
    195-65-15 Bridgestone Serenity Plus

Looked under the car with tires removed. I have access to a hydraulic lift at work. Nothing with fresh scuff marks. I'm thinking of removing all my splash shields under the car see if that will help. I've read alot of threads about other people running larger wheels lower offset with no rubbing issues.

Sorry for the long read, trying to be as detailed as possible. I've had the car 5 months now. After the rubbing issue is resolved next up is the dash rattles !

1. Remove splash shield and any other plastic pieces from under the car and test drive. My splash shield does have some play seems like its hanging a little lower(under trans) in the middle like a bubble out.
    2. Buy new upper and lower rubber mounts all the way around
    3. Slap my old springs back on, actually scratch that the rubbing is not that bad.
    4. Open to suggestions

2. jeff flores

jeff flores New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Did you check the tires to see if there were any marks from the fenders? The tires could be rubbing on the fenders / suspension. I would look at the tires first to see if there are any marks from hitting anything in the suspension.