1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

lowering on RSR down springs

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by nm301, Jun 22, 2022.

1. nm301

nm301 New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I Know it's been talked about before but has any one had problems with lowering there prius 20-35mm with regards to everyday driving I've just bought some springs but before putting them on i looked underneath the car and the clearence between the front wheels in the middle is dam low like 130mm from cover to ground.Is this going to be a major problem after lowering it? Any advice would be great.

2. jteran5

jteran5 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    These cars are low as is and scrape at steep angles at stock height.

With that being said, I was on lowering springs before which had less of a drop than the RSR's and I never ran into any issues. I live in the city too and never had issues over larger than average speeds bumps so you should be okay.

I'm currently on coilovers and with my drop, at almost the lowest setting it has (supposedly 70mm but maybe more like 60), is where I run into small issues. I have to be very careful going over speeds bumps as it now scrapes the plastic engine under tray and some of my braces I have on my car that hang lower than the body. I can't use automated car washes as the car drags over the rails on the track. I have to be extremely careful of steep driveways as the bumper will always scrape. Just need to take things slow but other than that, no other issues

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

nm301 likes this.
  3. nm301

nm301 New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    cheers for the info I think i'll go for it and see how it goes.