1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

lowering springs for prius plug in

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by tekstyle, Dec 15, 2014.

1. tekstyle

tekstyle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi there, I have been searching for lowering options for the gen 3 prius but most are for the non plug in. because the rear of the PIP is 100 lbs more, what would be the best option for lowering? i really like the eibach prokit because of the higher spring rate, but I don't think it is low enough. I would like to drop it around 1.2 to 1.5 in the front. the Tein H-tech seems to be the drop i want, but I like eibach prokit spring rating. would I need to change the shocks too? what would be your guy's best recommendations? thank you.

2. Xterra72

Xterra72 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I believe someone had already lowered their PIP with TRD Springs. I can't be sure on that.

I have the TRD Springs on my 2013. I like it alot. The drop is mild enough to reduce that annoying gap but enough clearance, even with the plus kit that it does not scrape. I went with the TRD because toyota specifically made it to work with their shock/struts. 20141010_074128.jpg

3. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Good to see it worked out for you as well!

Xterra72 likes this.