1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lpg + phev?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Dolce_Vita, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Agape

Agape Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Then it does sound of interest. Now, do I keep the car and convert it to lpg at 60k miles when the warranty runs out or do I stick with it for now and trade it in for a plug in Prius in 18 months? Hmmmm.

I don't mind losing the spare as I'd just get one of those repair cans and hope I never have to use it. I would be very interested in seeing more forum members photos and experiences of their lpg conversions.

Also Mr Flan, how are you getting on with your Enginer conversion? Have you actually managed to pick it up from customs?

3. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Convert to LPG right away, and with the extra savings get a plugin and convert THAT to LPG!

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure a plugin is really right for a cab, 13 miles in the morning and 5 extra miles after lunch isn't going to have a huge impact on your savings. the LPG system would probably save you more in the long run...

My ship is due at felixstowe on the 22nd. still waiting to hear what the final handling fees will be, and for HMRC to grant me importer status.

4. alexeft

alexeft Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  5. 2007blueprius

2007blueprius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I run lpg forklifts in a non heated warehouse, loading refrigerated trailers, they start and run on lpg only, they are toyota btw, granted the motors are specificaly designed for lpg, thou my point is the intermitent 2 minute to 10 minute traffic stop wont afect you one bit, an lpg system I was looking at you could set when to swich based on engine temp, so if it cools that far down while in trafic it will start on petrol, thou highly unlikely it takesa while even in the cold of winter for the engine to cool down that fast