1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LRR Tires Toyo

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Robinwing, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Robinwing

Robinwing New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Low Rolling Resistance tires (LRR)

I needed new tires for my 2010 Prius IV after only 25000 Miles. My tires are 195/65R15. Thought of going to 17" but that was cost prohibitive (not enough bang for the bucks), stuck with 195/65R15. After a lot of research, I decided on Michelin Energy Saver A/S. They seemed like the best all round low rolling resistance tires (LRR) from the reviews. Problem is, I couldn’t find any. Called Michelin to find out what was up. Michelin told me that 15-inch tires weren’t popular and when they got more orders, they would make some. The trouble is that no one is ordering them because Michelin won’t give an estimated delivery time. Tires getting very thin now. Factory tires were Yokohama Avid's, which were noisy, rough riding, and mediocre handling. Couldn’t find the Bridestone Ecopa Ep Either, my second choice. Found a few encouraging blurbs on the new TOYO Versado ECO (LRR). So, I decided to be the gunny pig and ordered the Toyo’s. The tire shop said they could have them in a few days. That helped.
    Had them put on this morning, wow what a difference, much more quiet and smooth. Handled nicely. Will keep you all posted on mileage and wear.

2. NineScorpions

NineScorpions Economy, Meet Style!!

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    thanks! Yes, let us know if you see mileage change.

3. dmanthree

dmanthree Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I put on a set of Goodyear Confortred Touring tires last year, and like them a lot. Mileage dropped initially (probably becuse old tires roll easier than new ones) but this spring mileage has recovered a bit. They are quiet, when it's warm! In the winter time they're no quieter than any other tire. They do handle and ride nice.

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    FYI I ordered 4 Michelin Energy Saver A/S this month at Samsclub.com and they came in at my 'local' Sams club in 5 days.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Jimbo! I was hard pressed not to order the Energy Saver A/S. I wanted to try something new and I had a bit more leverage with Yokohama during my trade in if I purchased another Yokohama.

Once the A/S becomes readily available again they will be a huge seller I'm sure. The mpg the offer is incredible when coupled with the $70 rebate offered by Michelin.