1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lucas Gas Additive for a 2010 Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by SAJPRIUS, Mar 25, 2022.

1. SAJPRIUS

SAJPRIUS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    In the past few years, I have added Seafoam gas additive to my 2010 Toyota Prius, haven't done it for at least a year now, don't like the way the car runs afterward, it gets poor gas mileage. Eventually, it settles down and runs normally.

I have been using Lucas Oil and Gas Treatment for years on my other vehicles with great success, but haven't used it on my Prius. I would like to get some feedback about using Lucas fuel additive for my car?

#1 SAJPRIUS, Mar 25, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You know your Prius runs fine if you don't add crap to it, why insist on adding stuff?

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Every so often like every 5 tanks half the line recommended . Been using in my toyota all of em like 35 years Lucas liter Efi cleaner. Uhh because it do clean a bit. BG works well too . Wynn’s extend IV bottle efi cleaner good too.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    This additive is always been a mystery;

71B0yT-59bL._AC_SY741_.jpg

ASRDogman likes this.
  5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I use this too but that's more of a top end oil . Valvetrain etc great stuff. Use it in machine shop too

6. SAJPRIUS

SAJPRIUS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The reason someone would put a carburetor/throttle body/intake port/cylinder head/piston head/exhaust port cleaner is because even with the fuels today with their additives they still don't thoroughly clean an engine.

Take a borescope and check for yourself or even better, watch the video online: “People Say I'm Full of ____ About Fuel Additives, Well Watch This” and Scotty Kilmer will tell you better than I can about additives.

My main concern is that I am looking for an alternative additive that won't hurt my engine and components, i.e., catalytic converter, injectors, intake, and throttle body.

7. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Scottty Kilmer doesn’t use jack stands, you rarely see one propping the car up. I follow what he does and doesn’t :ROFLMAO:

SB6 likes this.
  8. SB6

SB6 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    :ROFLMAO: if by "better" you mean louder, then sure

9. SAJPRIUS

SAJPRIUS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Please tell me what you think of Marvel Mystery Oil? What is so significant about it? Have you used it and what benefits did you see?

10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    We were told to use it in White diesels (now defunct - bought up by Volvo) that were being used to power generators - in their oil for maintenance. Over a decade of use, any benefit was a stretch to call.