1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Lucid - in the (very) wild

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, Oct 28, 2022.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Last year we moved from the high dollar / high tech world - out into the boonies. Literally 100's of miles from no-where - but it seems some of that environment is quickly catching up to us out here. Went down to Discount Tire to rotate out summer tread into studded tires - to our surprise, this bad boy was just leaving the service center. Mind you - we are OVER 1,100 miles from the closest lucid service center - which would be in San Francisco. Asking permission, the owner stayed around a few extra seconds so I could snap a quick shot

IMG_20221027_132745.jpg

Last Christmas I grabbed a shot of a rivian pickup & I thought that was as rare a moment as could be up here, since they've only made a thousand or more. but the lucid? last I checked there were just a few hundred. Very very nice looking sedan, both inside and out.
    I read they have a ton of debt. Yet still I hope they make it.

Tideland Prius and Zythryn like this.
  2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It seems that Lucid has been opening a number of new Service Centers. If you are still at the MT location listed in your profile long ago, then the nearest one is now just 520 miles away:
    Luxury Electric Cars | Lucid Motors

... never mind that the listed Seattle "University Village" address is more SoDo or Georgetown, far from University Village.

As for:
    ... that must be an individual perception thing. Having always had multiple family connections in and around there while I grew up in a smaller place, and still visiting there periodically for skiing and park access, that feels to me more like the Middle of Somewhere. And not all that far from bigger Somewheres to the south and west. With all the SoCal retirement money that has been flowing into the wider region for decades, I rather expect to hear of occasional trophy sightings. Though such events would still be sparse enough to be called out when they occur.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've seen two Rivian R1Ts and the Air. The problem with the Air, is that all the sightings were black so I don't know if I'm just seeing the same person or if there are multiple black Airs here haha.