1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"LW Research"? I think I just got conned

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusRos, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Vmtz

Vmtz New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    1) It's not a scam, they have nothing to sell, they are heavily regulated by auto industry clients
    2)They do not share your personal information outside of what they provide automakers for their study. They are interested in numbers not your identity
    3) The studies are used in the design of future cars
    4)No they are not all about any particular model. Various similar models are used in the study to determine the likes and preferences of certain people who own certain cars and have a certain lifestyle. Often they want to know what the owners of competitor models like
    5) No, they did not get what they wanted when they got you to go through questionaire. The questionaire is on paper and it is shredded for your privacy. They are looking for a certain segment of the population to see if there is an opening for your category e.g. likes outdoors, pick ups, SUV's, has kids, etc
    6) I work in this industry.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow, how did you just join and happen to find an 8 year old thread related to your industry?(n)

Johnny Cakes and scona like this.