1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Made an unfortunate mistake.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Stoodo, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Stoodo

Stoodo Super Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well the last word was they already went as low as they could go. They gave me the option of returning the vehicle.

I guess I'll keep it anyway.

2. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stoodo @ Nov 16 2007, 06:27 PM) [snapback]540736[/snapback]</div>
    what did you pay with tax tag etc

3. Stoodo

Stoodo Super Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lefat1 @ Nov 16 2007, 03:18 PM) [snapback]540708[/snapback]</div>
    I am not sure what your "de de de" means but it seems like you were probably aiming at something condescending. In the future I will make sure my adjectives better reflect the situation to your exacting, but currently unpublished standards.

I was aware of the three main differences of the touring model before going to purchase. Like I said in an earlier post I failed to check for the most obvious one, the 16" wheels.

The price I paid for it was still a lot cheaper than what many comparable models are selling for so I still fine with the deal, otherwise I would have returned it like they offered.

4. freke70

freke70 Salesman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    If it was a larger dealership, I can almost guarantee that the company that does their online listings (autotrader, dealix, or their own website) was Dealer Specialties. Dealer Specialties screws up listings ALL THE TIME. And since they upload pictures/descriptions in volume, they don't have time to look at each listing. It can go uncorrected for the lifetime of the ad. They have cost me a few car deals (I sell Toyotas), and they have a pretty high turnover rate.

also in my state (Georgia) there is no "3 Days" to return a car. It's a pretty common misconception, and is only a law in a few states. In GA, once the customer takes delivery of the vehicle, they're stuck with it.

5. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    As it turns out the car that was advertised by the dealer as a touring model turns out not to be.

Might I ask if it was important to you that it be the touring model, or if that was just another random feature that sounded nice, but was not critical? If important, what features in particular where you looking forwards to? If you are comfortable with the question, may we ask what milage and price it was?

6. Stoodo

Stoodo Super Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kenmce @ Nov 17 2007, 09:44 AM) [snapback]540896[/snapback]</div>
    I really wanted the upgraded suspension. The 16" would have been nice. I could care less about the larger spoiler.

I paid $22k for a 2007 Package 6 with 13k miles.

7. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited

I paid $22k for a 2007 Package 6 with 13k miles.

I looked at http://www.edmunds.com/ and http://www.toyota.com/html/tcuv/index.html?s_van=GM_STN_TCUV
    for the 32801 zip code. I will skip over the question of whether the dealer knowingly lied to you and if you should return it, because other people have addressed that better than I can. I don't feel you got ripped off in terms of how much car you got for what you payed.

The 16" would have been nice.

It should be easy to add 16" rims, but I don't know how one tells the computer about the new wheel size. If it thinks you are using a different size then its calculations for speed and milage will always be a little off.

Anybody here know how to tell the computer??

I really wanted the upgraded suspension.

I consider this the only important part of the touring package. A BT stiffening plate (many threads) will tighten it up some, and I think other people have gotten into strut and shock changes also. Obviously you should not have to pay again for what you already payed for, but it may provide you some comfort to know you can change the suspension in that direction if you choose to do so.

I could care less about the larger spoiler.

I'm in complete agreement on that one. If the day comes when I buy a car for the spoiler, please ease the keys out of my cold feeble hands and pulse 'n glide me to The Home before I can hurt anybody.

8. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    you'll have to watch "mind of mencia", comedy channel, to find that out...just pullin your chain man, BTW, i just purchased an avalon touring emblem, you could always do that :lol:

9. Stoodo

Stoodo Super Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Kenmce thanks for the response. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lefat1 @ Nov 17 2007, 02:14 PM) [snapback]540981[/snapback]</div>

Gotcha :D :D :D

10. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Education will never be as expensive as ignorance. Some lessons cost more than others.

11. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    1. There's no general "three day" remorse law. Some states have some laws regarding door-to-door sales and health clubs, but I'm not aware of any state where you can back out of a car contract unless the dealer wants to let you. (You still may have options in case of a lemon or where the dealer didn't deliver what's on the contract.)
    2. Does the touring version just have larger rims or does it have larger tires? The tire diameter is what determines the speedometer/odometer readings. You can have larger rims with thinner tires and still have the same tire diameter.