1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Main Battery Error

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by mkitany, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ Aug 19 2006, 09:11 AM) [snapback]305854[/snapback]</div>
    nobody outside of the US can access the techinfo site because your credit card will be rejected because it isn't at a US address. Lots have tried without success. Thanks Toyota.

2. c4

c4 Active Member

I actually got into techinfo last year with my Canadian card by filling in the billing address field with the full Canadian address (specifying city, province and postal code), but I chose the nearest US state and zip code, which it accepted with nary a hiccup.. They may have changed the verification system between now and then, but it did work for me and I was able to download the entire manual set. Another hint if you're buying a 24 hour subscription is that the expiry times are based on 1 calendar day granularity, therefore if you purchased on the 1st, the subscription actually expires at midnight on the 2nd, so if you purchase early in the morning, you actually end up getting nearly two days of access..

3. Frank Hudon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(c4 @ Aug 20 2006, 04:45 AM) [snapback]306208[/snapback]</div>
    interesting as I've been kicked out of it 3 different times. After filling in all the information. Maybe they don't like us west coasters.

4. mkitany

mkitany New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon @ Aug 20 2006, 10:10 AM) [snapback]306237[/snapback]</div>

a local toyota representative now says the car has a HV Battry cooling system malfunction. Any help in cracking this?

Should this be good or bad nws for me?

5. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Jumpstarting a Prius is in case the 12V battery is depleted, so you provide a temp 12V to get the electronics going, after which the HV battery takes over and continues to charge the 12V battery. Since the HV battery is depleted, jumpstarting the 12V won't do you much good.

Ig-On would not deplete the HV battery. The battery is only engaged in READY. However being in READY and in Neutral, the car cannot start the ICE to maintain the HV charge, after which eventually it will be depleted.

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the hv battery has built-in temperature sensors that control the fan. so if there's a malfunction in there it's got to be in that line of communication or a mechanical failure in the sensor, wiring, fan or somewhere in there.

7. RichBoy

RichBoy New Member

you should take it to your Authorized Toyota Dealer, they are the ONLY ones with the know how and equiptment and training to do the job right.

8. Frank Hudon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mkitany @ Aug 21 2006, 08:45 AM) [snapback]306722[/snapback]</div>
    if you get us the codes that they pulled we might be able to help. But if it worked fine before painting I'd try and clear the codes and try it again. But the place you might try with your queiry is the Japan group as this is one of the JDM cars they will be more familular with the differences between the NA Classic Prius and the JDM models. The codes are different between NA and Japan.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RichBoy @ Aug 21 2006, 04:53 PM) [snapback]307134[/snapback]</div>
    ever been to Kenya? I doubt that they have ever seen a Prius in Kenya.