1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Main body control module white wire power fuse?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Flagmaster, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Flagmaster

Flagmaster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I accidentally shorted the fat white wire going to the BCM, There is no longer 12 volts on this wire. Is there a fuse or fusible link that I just can't find?

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    There are two such wires, both shown in the Electrical Wiring Diagram (more info), in the Power Source pages of the System Circuit section. The wire connected to terminal 3L-1 is fed from the 50 ampere J/B-B fuse, and the wire connected to terminal 3F-1 is fed from the 25 ampere D/C CUT fuse, both in Unit D of Engine Room J/B No. 1. These are both fed from the 140 ampere BATT-MAIN fusible link in the Fusible Link Block Assembly attached to the battery. See parts catalog Figure 84-01, Switch & Relay & Computer, for replacement fuses.

3. Flagmaster

Flagmaster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thank you so much. I never even considered those bigger square fuses. It was the 50 amp on JB/B that popped.

I also popped a 7.5amp that seemed to only cause to completely separate symptoms that I wonder why these would both be affected. The fuse was marked "heater/s" or something close to that.

#1 the AC compressor would not engage. Even the dash graphic of power distribution showed the fan blade icon with no power going too it. That kinda makes sense, since Toyota refers to "AC" and "HEATER" as all being the same thing. I assume the compressor is used as a heat pump in winter?

#2. The white door light on the charger lid would not light up, and when you open the door, the cluster would not show the normal nag message about the door being open. Oddly tho, when I put the spout into the socket,, with or without AC power on it, then I'd get the nag message. The charging circuit was not affected and successfully topped of my EV battery with no issues with this fuse blown.

I guess that door plunger sensor gets its power from the same place the compressor controller does?