1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maine: $23700 for LE AWD-E?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by eljefino, Jun 8, 2019.

1. eljefino

eljefino Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Plus ~$400 doc fee (ugh), 5.5% tax, $34 title & arbitration brings it to $25,400 OTD. Thoughts? I don't mind going all over New England or even to New York (different zone).

I went in looking for a stripped FWD model but they barely carry any. Seems most of the dealers here are sitting on AWD-Es and deluxe models almost exclusively.

I was not terribly keen on the AWD but it's only about a $1500 premium so I'm sorta coming around.

I've never bought a new car, ever. Have three (!) 2nd gen prii with 200-275k miles, so am trying to get a "good" car for my wife to drive. The existing prii, even with snow tires, are disappointing in winter just starting from a stop when traction control takes over. (A well-documented achilles heel) Yet I have hopes that they may have refined the traction programming in the interceding 14 years so it's not as awful.

I don't need to buy right away. I'm even unloading one of my current cars as a private party to get more than the dealer's trade offer. Waiting for the end of the month is do-able in hopes of scoring a better deal. Current incentives seem to run through 7/6. I would finance half of it and pay it off quickly so the $500 spiff works better than the 0.9% financing in my scenario.

Radd1280 and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    seems like a great price. we're having the same inventory problem, maybe all of NE?

what is msrp?

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you consider PRIME? I don't know what AWD-e LE is equipped with, but base PRIME Plus at 29K with doc fee, you will get $2500 incentive and $4500 fed tax credit, it will be less than your OTD. I would wait a bit to see if Toyota ups the rebate on the 2019 model. FYI, many of PRIME purchaser in NE, NY/NJ regions had OTD price less than 25K before tax credit, meaning the final price less than ~$20K.

#3 Salamander_King, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    'Round here it's the same, have yet to see a base 2019 Prius in local inventory, it's either some level called "tech", and/or AWD. Base is the only level with a spare, if that matters to you. And base does not have 3 door touch-to-unlock.

5. eljefino

eljefino Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base