1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintainance Ramp suggestions

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Fester, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Fester

Fester Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Have a quite old set of (steel) tire ramps which were always problematic even with my 08' Gen 2. I was thinking about a pair of the base model "Race Ramps", which at least appear to not rub against the front bumper with my new Gen 4 Prius 2. Anybody had experience with them?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    some people make a wooden 'step' in front of the ramps to get the bumper over the hump.

RCO, jerrymildred and Mendel Leisk like this.
  3. Fester

Fester Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've used those too, plywood or a thin patio block. A bit bumpy and works, but I'd like something a bit smoother with a good tall "stop" at the forward edge of the ramp to prevent accidentally rolling too far forward and rolling off (only did that once and since I was already riding the brakes, came down gently, but it tends to put a crease in the splash guards...).

RCO and bisco like this.
  4. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Short or cut down scaffolding boards (tough, treated timber) added to your ramps work well.

RCO likes this.