1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenance at 100K miles??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mig1980, Nov 8, 2013.

1. mig1980

mig1980 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good day everyone. I was looking for advice in what maintenance would need to be performed on my Prius soon? I am at about 90K and will be at 100K shortly. Is there a standard tune-up process that is recommended?

I read about brake flush, transaxle fluid (which I did about 8K miles ago), EFI or fuel injector cleaning, throttle plate cleaning, PCV valve replacement. Which of these is more important than others? What about the timing chain, spark plugs, or other areas that would need to be changed?

Also, does anyone know of a good mechanic that is less expensive than the dealer in the Sacramento, CA area?

Looking to keep the Prius for a while longer and want it to be healthy!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    serpantine belt and thermostat, check your maint. schedule, i think you have it covered.

3. Zedhomme

Zedhomme Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I would recommend the following if you haven't had them done recently:
    -Engine and inverter coolant replacement
    -Spark plugs and PCV are scheduled for 120,000 miles to maintain the Emission Warranty. Wait for it.
    -Check engine water pump for "pink crust", v-belt for wear and cracking.
    -If you haven't had to replace brake pads or shoes (I have 60% left at 130,000 miles), I recommend you have front and rear brakes cleaned and lubed. Sticking caliper slide bolts can cause unnecessary stress on front wheel bearings.