1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenance Light inquiry..

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by HipShooter, Apr 20, 2016.

1. HipShooter

HipShooter New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Does the maintenance light on the Prius 3 series turn on only for the oil change or to indicate that something
    else needs to be serviced?
    If so, will the Prius indicate if it's a specific issue i.e... brakes, headlights, etc.

2. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    maintenance light only turns on for oil change, it comes on every 5k but I think you can change it to 10k, I haven't messed around with it yet.

3. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The light is coded to come on 5,000 miles after it was last reset. Even if you could, it would not a good idea to re-code it for 10,000 mile intervals because Toyota still recommends some service items at 5,000 mile intervals, such as tire rotations and various checks. If you register your VIN at Toyota Owner's Online, you will have a convenient source for the recommended maintenance schedule, as well as a record of any service that has been accomplished on your car. If you are a DIY-er, you can enter your own service activity in this log for a permanent record.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! there is a detail in your maintenance manual, with toyotas service recommendations every 5,000 miles. all the best!(y)

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Considering it's just an odometer counter, and the maintenance intervals are either/or distance or time, I would just follow the schedule, and reset the thing whenever it pops up. Canadian cars don't have it btw.

6. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Considering it's unaffected by anything going on with the car besides distance traveled, you can safely ignore it, or use it for anything about which you'd like to be reminded every 5000 miles. Or reset it pre-emptively at x miles, if you want to be reminded of whatever at x+5000.

7. UMER QURESHI

UMER QURESHI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, In my car maintenance light just blink with a beep. It is Japanese language and I can't understand the message on the screen. Please tell me what is the reason, what should I do.

8. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Welcome to Prius Chat (y).

Google translator can help;).

Take a picture of it and see what that says(y).

9. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The maintenance light will blink and go out when you are within 500 miles of the service reminder. The message probably says "Maintenance Due Soon" or similar. Once you reach the 5,000 limit since it was last reset, the light will remain on steady. Perform the scheduled maintenance. It is simply a reminder based on miles driven, not any indication that something has happened.

UMER QURESHI likes this.
  10. UMER QURESHI

UMER QURESHI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you very much

11. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I answered what the warning said on the other thread. It says "An error occurred". It is not a maintenance remainder, something bit more serious.