1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenance manual

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by IR.AK.EB, Oct 19, 2018.

1. IR.AK.EB

IR.AK.EB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hi friends
    How can i download maintenance ,repair manual for Gen4 prius?
    I found only for 2004 series in forum.
    Best regards
    Akbar

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm not sure, but I suspect an all-in-one, PDF format "Repair Manual" does not exist for 4th Gen. Would love to be proved wrong, but have the sense it's only website version now.

You could take out a short term subscription, get what you need. More than likely you'd need to do this a few times.

Toyota could really make some brownie points if they made the most oft needed DIY info freely available online, perhaps in conjunction with a PDF version.

@Elektroingenieur may comment: he's mentioned many times about a form of free access available through a library.

IR.AK.EB likes this.
  3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. IR.AK.EB

IR.AK.EB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hi
    Thanks

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    techinfo.toyota.com

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    As far as I know, Toyota hasn’t published the Repair Manual, New Car Features, or Collision Repair Manual for fourth-generation Prius or Prius Prime cars in paper or PDF formats. The change from line art to renderings for illustrations suggests that Toyota is no longer concerned with print publication of these documents.
    Editions in HTML format, with PNG illustrations, are available to view in several languages by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com (as @bisco kindly mentioned), toyota-tech.eu, toyotamanuals.com.au, or FAINES. I have seen a few PDF files made by third parties who converted one or two topics from HTML; the formatting in these is poor and they often have broken cross-references.

Toyota has produced offline versions of the HTML editions, but I think the only ones readily available to the public are the Electronic Technical Manual (電子技術マニュアル) discs sold in Japan. These are in the Japanese language only and cover the right-hand drive models built for the Japanese market.

Outside of the U.S., offline editions in English, Spanish, and other languages do exist, under the title Toyota Service Information (formerly Global Service Information Center), but I don’t know how or if someone not affiliated with Toyota or one of its distributors or dealers would be able to get copies. Try asking your dealer.
    I’ve written before about access to the ChiltonLibrary database, which contains the text and illustrations from the U.S. editions of the manuals, reproduced under license from Toyota.

Mendel Leisk likes this.