1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenance on high mileage old girl

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Marcy, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Marcy

Marcy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    No, not me!! My 2005 Prius that has 234,000 miles on it. I used to be fanatical about having extra services done at nearly every oil change or warranty service interval.

But after I had the drive built replaced proactively @ 166k miles I just kind of used my common sense. We did have to have the main computer replaced in April 2012 @ 210k miles - but absolutely no problem since then.

All maintenance has been done at the dealership - though I plan to do the oil and filter changes now thanks to some very helpful videos I found.

Anyone have experience with a high mileage Prius (Gen II, I guess) and advice on what services to get done preventatively?

Thanks for your guidance -

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I would do the test to see how well your 12 volt battery is.
    Weird stuff happening? MPGs dropping? Test The Battery | PriusChat
    It is free, simple to do in your own driveway/garage and better than the dealer.

I would consider changing the Transaxle fluid with 4 (you may not use all of the fourth) quarts of ATF WS from the Toyota Parts man (and 2 washers for the fill and drain plugs) for about $50
    As a Dealer service expect to pay about $125 and to meet resistance that the service ever need to be done. (I say every 60,000 miles)
    Yahoo! Groups

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two