1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenance Required light on, but can't find anything.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PRwanting, Jul 6, 2013.

1. PRwanting

PRwanting Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The maintenance required light on my 05 Prius just came on and I can't figure out what's wrong with it. I checked every single thing under info>>>Maintenance but no luck. Can anyone help me figure it out plz? Do I need to worry about it? I have a 110 miles trip planned out for tomorrow. Is the car safe for it?

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It starts coming on 4500 miles after the last time it was reset and is on full time after 5000 miles. Nothing is wrong, it is just time for service.

http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM47509U/pdf/2-5_1.pdf (Page 10 of the PDF, page 122 of the manual)

3. PRwanting

PRwanting Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh ok, but my next oil change isn't til 500 more miles and 2more months.

4. TampaPrius.com

TampaPrius.com Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It probably wasn't reset after the last oil change.

5. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes, that's exactly what Jimbo said it would do (start coming on at 4500 miles).

You can reset it if you like. Just hold down the odo button while starting the car (to ready mode) and keep holding it for a few more seconds. Make sure it is set to normal odo display and not trip-A or tripB before you do it, and also make sure you don't forget about your upcoming oil change.

Merkey likes this.