1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

maintenance required message, dealer time?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ltlurker, Apr 9, 2017.

1. ltlurker

ltlurker Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    bought my car used and looks like they've done everything by the books at the same dealer until 25k miles. now i'm close to 27k miles, the maintenance required message just came on and i can't imagine what it can be? according to manual, the next dealer visit should be closer to 30k. should i change oil? will prius tell me more info aside from this generic maintenance required one?

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    You can rest that timer if you wish, it comes on after 5000 miles. Most likely the last service was at 22K.

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Mine blinks once at 4500 on start up, stays on near 5000 after last reset.

One oddity, there is actually an oil change every other time it lights, just tire rotation every time.

(I have to ask, you show a Prius c in your profile, but you posted this in the Prius v forum. Which is it about?)

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    No, it's just a "dumb" odometer counter, take it for what it is. I would try to get the service records, see what's in the schedule, go from there. Keep in mind too: all the intervals are miles OR months, whichever comes first.