1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenance Requited Light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Don402, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Don402

Don402 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    The maintenance required light is on. How do I know why it's on? Nome of the notifications about stuff like oil changes is on.

Did the light toggle check. I looked at the pdf about codes and they are confusing.

Does anyone see a code that is a real issue? IMG_20181030_174852.jpeg IMG_20181030_174902.jpeg IMG_20181030_174910.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. kens97uber171

kens97uber171 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think the maintenance required light is for oil change interval. It may be set by other problems as well but I don't know of any off the top of my head. To reset the maintenance light for oil change you hit the trip button until it says odometer. Turn the car off. Press the trip button and turn the car on while holding the trip button down. Where the odometer is you'll see a series of dashes that countdown to zero. Once that is finished the maintenance interval is been reset to 0 miles and it will not go back on again until 4500 I think it will blink but not stay on once you get to 5000 miles it will stay on. Hope that solves your problem

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

SFO likes this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The codes you can pull up for the radio amplifier and navigation are only about the A/V system and navigation. Those screens fool almost everybody. They have nothing to do with the diagnostic trouble codes that a scan tool is used to read for the car itself.

I agree with #2 that the maintenance "requited" light comes on by fixed schedule, just to remind you to think about maintenance, and can be reset as described.

Or you can do nothing, which would make it a maintenance unrequited light.

-Chap

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    comes on every 5k after resetting. check the maintenance interval for recommended service. oil, filters, tires, etc., depending on your mileage.
    see the o/m for resetting procedure

5. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The maintenance reminder light is usually a simple timer/mileage monitor.
    It usually comes on first (5000 miles) to suggest a tire rotation.
    It does NOT indicate a problem.