1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenance reset

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Spaded, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Spaded

Spaded New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got a new (to me) 2012 prius, only problem I have right now is the maintenance reminder will not reset. I've worked as a lube tech for the last 3 years so I can reset almost anything under the sun. I have reset these before, mine will simply not reset. I have gone thru every reset procedure (using the trip/odo button and using the mph/kmh button) I have found on this prius step by step multiple times multiple ways. I even connected a Snap-On solus scanner and tried hard resetting it thru the onboard system to no avail. Is there some issue with these? Or possibly something I missed?

Cheers! :)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not that i can think of, are you using the o/m procedure?

3. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Can't say about that model but I read the book on my C, tried it several times and then..............
    Went back to Toyota and the first two service advisers couldn't do it either.
    They got a guy from the back and he did it while I watched.
    Seems like there was a TINY little thing I was passing over in the written procedure.
    Or to put it another way, do exactly what it SAYS, not what you think it should be saying.

4. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Make sure you are viewing Trip A (not ODO) on the DISP button. Power OFF the car. Then leave your foot OFF the brake and hold down the km/miles button while pressing the power button TWO times. Keep holding the km/miles button while the display shows the maintenance reset progress. You can release the Power button while this is happening. I can't imagine why it is not resetting.

5. Spaded

Spaded New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have made sure it is in "trip a" and also in ODO as some procedures say one way and some procedures say the other. I will try this one exactly again as you have typed it here.

6. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It's supposed to be on "Trip A" then you turn off your vehicle, hold the mph/kmh button and press the start button twice, then the reset light should reset itself on the odometer.

Here's a video, just scroll to 7:14 to see how I reset the light.

#6 NutzAboutBolts, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  7. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Well I can't either. Infinitely easier than.......just pushing a single button, for instance.
    :ROFLMAO:

Spaded likes this.