1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenence Thanks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ack714, Dec 12, 2015.

1. ack714

ack714 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I wanted to say thanks to all the forum members for posting DIY's for just about anything needed to be done to keep the Prius running. In the past weeks i have replaced a HID ballast, headlights and spark plugs.
    Ive changed lights before without removing the assembly. Contorting my hands and straining with the round cover were hell. Once removed inserting the bulb was easy. This time, since having to replcace the ballast I removed both assemblies using some awesome step by step posts by members. I was concerned at first about all the disassembling but it was a breeze.

When I bought the 2008 Gen 2 in 2011 it had 80,000 miles. It now has 144,000 and has served us well taking our son on a 90 mile round trip school ride each day. For some reason I never thought of changing the spark plugs. While researching the ballast issues I read a discussion on changing plugs. Made sense to replace them. This also was something that looked more difficult and high tech then it actually was. Again, great step by step instructions made it go smoothe.
    My plugs were nasty and In great need of change. They may have been originals. They came out easy and when in great using a 4" 3/8 drive extender with yhe socket taped on. Next will be the transaxle fluid and drive belt.
    Anyway, thanks again for the confidence and helping me keep others hands off the car and my money in my pocket.

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great write up, well done.(y)