1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Major brake problems... please help.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cMinor22, Mar 26, 2018.

1. cMinor22

cMinor22 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Recently my Prius starting giving me problems when braking. When stopped, the HV Battery is still supplying power to the wheels instead of the flow on the meter stopping. High pitched screaming at me, brakes sometimes being super soft and other times they are fine.

The error codes seemed to point to the actuator having failed. Followed the procedure in Techstream and now the Linear Valve Offset will not set and the Actuator Pressure will not build.

Since it wouldn't build pressure and and was giving me communication errors, I replaced the Skid Control ECU. Now I am still getting the Linear Valve Offset Not Learned error. Any thoughts or advice? I don't have the current error codes at the time of writing but I can post them later today if needed.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many miles on her?

3. cMinor22

cMinor22 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I thinks it is about 385k... odo frozen at 299k, the rest has been tracked by trip meter resets. So that is the best guess I can give.

bisco likes this.