1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Major Diagnostic Issues on 2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by elektrodread, Nov 30, 2011.

1. elektrodread

elektrodread New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Friends,
    A week ago I purchased a 2007 Prius with 69k on it. It runs beautifully, but days after I drove it home the check engine light came on. I had a local shop check it out, when a slew of diagnostic trouble codes came out. Apparently Toyota keeps the codes to themselves, so I was forced to take it into the Toyota "stealership."

After running that standard $96 diagnostic, they came up empty-handed. Now they wanna charge me another $200 to dig around further, but are unwilling to guarantee that they'll find anything.

Apparently the previous owner had the Main Junction Fuse Box replaced, and now, Toyota tells me, the thing is not putting any power out through the connecting wires.

I understand this is a complex problem, but if anyone has any experience on this it would be tremendous.

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    How about door #3? Take your car to a hybrid shop on this list, several in MA:

Preferred Independent Hybrid Car Repair and Service Shops | Hybrid Cars

Replacing the main engine room fuse box implies that a significant electrical event occurred, or that it was broken in an accident. Did the seller disclose that the car in an accident? Did the check engine light come on during wet weather?

1 person likes this.
  3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    If the car -was- in an accident it usually means it hit on the front. If it was the drivers side then the most likely problem will be the coolant pump for the thermos. The thermos and pump are unprotected in a front collision. But I'm just guessing.

4. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    It sounds as if there are no more codes if they came up empty handed? Is the care running OK then? Get yourself an Autoenginuity or other tool that can read and reset codes. Then you will not be at the mercy of the stealerships. Is the problem intermitant? Did you check your 12 volt battery?