1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Major differences

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Tariq87, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Tariq87

Tariq87 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hii..i have a question related to American prius and European prius ..are there any major differences between them in engine, weight, parts, and chassis or not?
    I know there are some differences in the front light , Backlight and side mirrors and some
    Internal additions

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. 4md

4md Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Tariq, engine, "gearbox", battery, chassis are the same. As you said, there are some differences in headlights, taillights, etc. There are differences in the equipment, e.g. head-up display and ~10gb HDD music storage in the sat nav (EU); satellite radio, plasmacluster ionizer and Homelink in the rear-view mirror (US), etc. And some software functions that are different, for example then you turn off the car with headlights on, the car will turn them of automatically after half a minute after locking (in the US).

Tariq87 likes this.
  3. Tariq87

Tariq87 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks alot.. i just wanna make sure because i have an European prius and my friend want to buy an American one soon..thanks for helping me

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mechanically? Not that I'm aware of. I know the software for the ECO mode is different for US vs. EU cars. (More aggressive on US cars)