1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Major issue playing ipod through sound system.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by SoShoreKen, Sep 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SoShoreKen

SoShoreKen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    This just started last week. I have not changed any settings or anything in ipod or in the Prius.

Its a 2013 Prius Persona. Lately when I plug my ipod in and try to play a album or a playlist, after the first song I pick from that album or playlist is played, it plays a totally random song thats on the ipod. Not on the album or playlist.
    I unplug the ipod from the Prius and it plays the songs from the list I want, so I know its not the ipod. This only happens when I want to use it in the Prius.

I have my iphone pluged in as well and bluetooth on the iphone. But I had it that way before and it was fine.

I checked all the settings in the audio on the Prius and can't find anything. "random" was checked, but thats always checked because I like to play on shuffle.

Anyone have this issue or know how it can be fixed?

2. PosauneGuy

PosauneGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Two things I would try: 1) If you turn off shuffle on your Prius, will the iPod play the songs in the correct order? 2) Have you tried restarting your iPod?

3. SoShoreKen

SoShoreKen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Tried both. Now when I hit the buttone on the Prius to change tracks it doesn't go to a random song.

it just says "loading...... loading...... loading..... loading...." :mad::(

4. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Try replacing the cable. Always suspect the cable first.

I just use Bluetooth for audio, even though it sounds worse

5. SoShoreKen

SoShoreKen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Replaced the cable and with that cable the Prius did'nt even register that it was plugged in. I switch back to the other cable and that one keeps jumping from being read and charging to not being read BEEP BEEP BEEP all the time.

I take both cables I tried in the Prius and plug them in my house. Both work fine in the house.

I forgot to mention, when I first tried my iPod with my Prius it only read it in the USB that was in the storage space in the console. The charger under the dash and in the storage space next to the USA both never read it at all. Only that USB.

But I have my phone plugged into the charger thats in the USB under the dash with an adapter and thats fine. I have my phone with the bluetooth. I don't want to put my iPod on bluetooth as that might interfere with the phone.

I am growing VERY FRUSTRATED with this. I really don't want to have to bring it in to be looked at, wasting more of my little time I have.

Why were'nt these things checked before i was given the car? They told me it was all set.

6. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm a nice person, but you need a little tough love here: I told you to try a different cable. The cable you tried was obviously a BAD CABLE. That doesn't count. Try using a known good cable.

My Prius is the 2012 and I use an iPhone and I can use it in Bluetooth for both music and telephone use and it works very well.

7. SoShoreKen

SoShoreKen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I just said I tried a different cable then the one I was using. Thats the one that did'nt register. I went back to the one I had been using and was in there when the issues started and that one started to flash in and out of charge.

I try both cables in my house and they both work fine.

8. PosauneGuy

PosauneGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you connect your iPhone, instead of your iPod, through USB (turn Bluetooth off on your phone), does the car exhibit the same behavior?

9. SoShoreKen

SoShoreKen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I bought a brand new apple cord and that seemed to fix it.

Rebound likes this.
  10. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Glad it worked!