1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Malfunctioning combination meter / Speedometer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Muhid, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Muhid

Muhid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2011 manufactured GenII. It was parked and all was fine when suddenly the combination meter turned dim and i could see horizontal lines across the readings as well. the right hand side indicator is flashing perfectly whereas the LHS one is flashing yet flickering, and not nearly as bright as the RHS one.

The seat belt beeps are working perfectly fine, vehicle powers off without any issues and the handbrake light also is working as it should.

today morning when I started it up, the combination meter was perfect for a half minute before going dim again.

What could be the issue? It's not a dead combination meter since none of the other symptoms of this issue are there. The vehicle is a RHD, JDM.

Please help a brother out.

2. Muhid

Muhid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    bump...

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it is probably a bad board, but not all the way bad, yet.

if you don't know how, or want to test the 12v, you should take it for a load test