1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Man Based Global Warming....

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by dbermanmd, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You asked for data and I delivered. If you cannot understand it that is not my problem. I am not here to sway anyone's opinion. I simply support science and the scientific process not hyperbole and political belief structures.

1 person likes this.
  2. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Bachelors chemical engineering, graduated 20 years ago. Wide range of roles in chemical intermediates, some polymers, even a little refinery support.

3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    While trying to step out of in international war (Powerstroke vs. PriusChat), you stepped into a civil war. If you stay in this Global Warming debate, you will be fired upon no matter what side you take.

I prefer to keep my Global Warming debate separate from cars and fuel efficiency. For this battle, just pop some popcorn, sit back and watch. The battlefield is sufficiently contained so that those not desiring to participate are not caught in the crossfire.

4. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    1 person likes this.
  5. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If you looked someplace other than realclimate and the IPCC, you might stumble over the facts. I have posted facts for months here. You have assiduously avoided them while posting links to the very papers and scientists that have come into question for serious breaches of the scientific method and the law regarding FIOA requests.

Jones caught in another lie:
    Phil Jones, Dec 3, 2008:
    About 2 months ago I deleted loads of emails, so have very little – if anything at all.
    Phil Jones, Nov 24, 2009 Guardian
    We’ve not deleted any emails or data here at CRU.
    OOPS!
    Some are already calling for Phil Jones to resign:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1230635/Scientist-climate-change-cover-storm-told-quit.htm

Stay tuned.

2 people like this.
  6. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You have shown no facts that contradict agw. You only post links to blogposts which in turn are misrepresentation or opinion.

Again, post and discuss one reference that contradicts agw or shows that data was manufactured or improperly published.

1 person likes this.
  7. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You still don't understand. It is infinitely more difficult to predict weather accurately next week than it is to predict climate years and years down the road. The models used to predict weather and climate have nearly nothing to do with one another.

Uh, it's well known that ice extent at the Antarctic hasn't been shrinking much because of local weather trends there. But that trend isn't expected to hold up too much longer - if you look at the thickness of the ice, it is starting to rapidly thin in many areas.

If you look at the opposite pole, a very clear decline in sea ice extent is occurring.

Sea Ice Index

Localized "normal" temperatures in one region of the world doesn't mean that the rest of the globe is also normal.

It's very clear looking at long-term trends what the average temperature is doing.

1 person likes this.
  8. dalton2

dalton2 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks for the tip bud, I'll just sit back and watch:pop2:
    clearly im not educated enough to debate this with these guys.

9. radioprius1

radioprius1 Climate Conspirisist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  10. radioprius1

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Popular Technology.net: 450 Peer-Reviewed Papers Supporting Skepticism of "Man-Made" Global Warming

I guess ALL of those papers are poor papers, and ALL of your papers are good papers, right? Despite the FACT that your guys were lying and covering up data. Right? Keep drinking the koolaid bud! I'm sure it makes you feel good to be so passionate about something to cover up that empty void in your life!

11. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you still talking? Do you have anything worthwhile to post on the subject or should I just buy you a pink outfit to go with your :cheer2:?

1 person likes this.
  12. higuys

higuys New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A 20 year engineer yet you still live with your parents and count their toilet flushes? Shawn it just doesnt add up:D

13. radioprius1

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ouch!!!

14. higuys

higuys New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Global warming is no more than a scam to promote certain types of indusry. CFL bulbs being one of them.

Anyone with half a brain knows that LED bulbs put out a much better light, produce less heat and consume far less energy. They may cost more initially but they are the far better investment

15. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    and your mum wears army boots. Grow up.
    The headmaster of my school lived with his mum too, he was in his mid 50s. Some people have their parents move in with them so they can look after them in their old age, it is a responsible thing to do. Sorry about the big words.

1 person likes this.
  16. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Really, oh my god, who would have thunk it!! You guys have no idea who you are playing with here do you?
    Go play with toy trucks, they suit your IQ.

17. Fibb222

Fibb222 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

Now that was beautiful! Thanks.:pound:

18. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Another one is born! Born to drink the coolaide and spend ones energy screaming in one another's ear. Please go join U4, Doc and others somewhere else, and leave this forum to those of us who are trying to make a constructive change to the world we live in for the sake of our children,,, and their children's children.

Icarus

Please explain how a CFL bulb that cost ~$1, uses 1/4 the energy of a conventional bulb and lasts ~10 times as long is a scam?

You sort of prove my point by mentioning LEDs. Ten years ago, when early adopters of CFLs like myself, paid ~$10 for a bulb that replace one that cost ~$1.

19. bighouse

bighouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just joined this site to discuss my new car...I'm getting weary of the trolls wanting to debate something that is really way beyond debating with them. I say we just wait a few decades and see whos' right....because I have a hunch it's too late to change the path we're on with the mentality that is so entrenched within ignorance, bigotry and hubris.

1 person likes this.
  20. higuys

higuys New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Where are you finding CFL's for a buck? I cant even get them for that at my cost. Im an electrician by trade.

CFL's are a poor source of light compared to LED's CFL's put out far more heat. I personally have yet to find a CFL that outlasts a quality incandescent bulb. The only reason CFL's are pushed so heavily is the companies lobby congress so hard that they are subsidized by the government.

LED's may cost more but they last far longer than either alternative

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.